Mirissa, a small beach paradise is definitely one of the top places on every tourist`s itinerary who is travelling to Sri Lanka. From having some of the most gorgeous beaches with epic wave for surfers to the panoramic views along with delicious food, Mirissa has rapidly emerged as a must-go place in the country. Located on the south coast of the Sri Lanka, it offers the visitors beautiful beaches covered with exotic palm trees.
An awesome spot to chill out, Mirissa is an ideal destination for those who are nature lovers as the place is quite far away from the hustle bustle of the city life. If you are thinking about visiting Sri Lanka then we would definitely recommend you to go to Mirissa on your holidays. But first make sure you apply for Sri Lanka ETA. If you have already applied for the visa then you can check the status of your Sri Lanka ETA Status online.
Here are 5 things that you can do in Mirissa:
1. Beach, Beach & Beach- We all know that is the main attraction of the place and none of us can get enough of the sea-breeze and white sand. With palm tree-lined sprawling sand beaches and turquoise water lures the tourists from all over the globe. In short, the beach is a perfect place to spend the day slip by without care a little about the world.
2. Binge on Food- Food which is so great that you wouldn`t mind munching on whole day is found here. Dewmini Roti Shop, which is one of the most popular food-joint, was once hidden from the eyes of the travelers. Soon by the power of word of mouth spread and the place got its fame. You can try their amazing cheese rotis and avocado.
3. A Stroll through Palm Forests- if you can drag yourself away from the Calm Ocean and sun-kissed beach, you can take a stroll to the surrounding towns and farmlands.
4. Whale & Dolphin Watching- Whale and dolphin excursions are the highlights of the country. You can watch various species in the waters near the coast. Make sure that you book with a reputable company that will take you for boat excursions without harming the marine animals. Best months to spot whales, sharks or dolphins are from November end to March.
5. Take a short trip to Unawatuna or Galle Fort- The area surrounding Mirissa is beautiful with Unawatuna and Galle Fort located nearby.
Add Mirissa to your bucket list as the place is really fantastic with plenty of food options serving delicious food. Check your Sri Lanka ETA Status online if you have submitted the form. You can check the status here at website www.sri-lankaeta.com .